Monday, June 17, 2013

Silencing Orpheus Cover Revealed!

Big news this month, as we're pushing ahead to get my second novel, Silencing Orpheus, out before end of year (more details on that coming soon).
However, we've agreed on a front cover design--and as usual, Sven Davisson at Rebel Satori has knocked it out of the park. I'm bowled over by how much I like it.
And now I can share it with all of you!

When I submitted the book, I also sent along an image of a painting that had been a kind of visual inspiration for me while I was writing. It was an 1894 painting entitled "Orpheus" by Hungarian painter, Károly Ferenczy (1862-1917). Here it is:






Really beautiful (not to mention dead sexy), right? Absolutely. 
I include it, here, because I not only love the painting, but because it'll explain something that's going to come up once the novel is out: the violin. Nowhere in my novel does Orpheus play a violin, and yet it appears on the cover. That violin, like Zeus' pointing/gun fingers, represents something else.
So, what is the cover to Silencing Orpheus?
Here it is:





I couldn't be happier with it. I hope you like it too. 
More news as it comes in!

No comments: