Friday, June 29, 2012

Frustration and Trust

I want to first say thank you, again, to all of you who have supported Stealing Ganymede by purchasing it and telling your friends about it.
I have received quite a number of questions about the next book in the Jacob-iad (is that a thing?), Silencing Orpheus.  I'm a George R. R. Martin and Robert Jordan fan, so believe me, I know that it can be frustrating to wait on the next book in a series. Trust me, I'm really excited for you to see the book, too--especially the last 3 chapters, which I think are probably the best writing I've ever done. Still, we have to be patient. Rebel Satori is a small press, which means that getting each book right for publication takes time. Trust me, you want that--both the small press part (because small presses are willing to take chances on material that larger presses would pass on immediately, like Stealing Ganymede), and because of the care and crafting that goes in to each title.
So, please keep watching this space for updates. Join the Twitter feed over on the right, as well. I promise you'll have new information just as soon as I have it.
Meanwhile, I'm getting very positive reports back from my beta readers for the third and final book in the series, which is exciting because they're both very hard to please readers. I've asked them to have it back to me with comments by the end of this month, but I think they're both working on having it back sooner. I'll dive in to the edits just as soon as it's back in my hands.
In the meantime, while you're looking for something to read, go snag some China MiƩville. The City and The City made me jealous that I didn't write it, and Embassytown is winning all kinds of awards (I'll be reading that one soon, so a review will be up on Goodreads--links also posted to those reviews on the right).

No comments: