Sunday, March 6, 2011

Abandoning

This is super interesting to me right now because I'm in a tough spot with the third book in the conceptual trilogy (jesus that sounds more and more pretentious every time I say it, but it is what this whole thing is about) that starts with Ganymede and continues with Orpheus. See, I've abandoned my share of dead ends on my hard drive, and I won't listen, but there's a little voice at the back of my head saying I might need to abandon this one, too. Not the entire concept, but this draft. We'll see I guess.

1 comment:

M said...

I think it is great that you are able to leave things behind. I stink at that.

When I write (not that I write creatively like you, but you know what I mean), it is way hard for me to walk away from drafts. Sometimes I know it would be much easier for me to start from scratch, but I can't shake the idea that then I would have already said the same thing in a better way. So even if it is just one sentence here or there, I dissect the old draft for pieces of the new draft. And it takes FOREVER. Way more time than if I had just started over.