Saturday, August 28, 2010

Red Velvet

No news on the novel, yet, but fingers still crossed.
Move completed. Well, completed in the sense that I'm in which I live, now, and all my things are here in the apartment with me. Boxes, boxes everywhere...
I know that in this day and age, in order to seem cool, I'm supposed to say that I'm head over heels in love with Lady Ga Ga or whoever the latest hip xylophone rock band is. My tastes are very different, though.
People ask about the first album I ever bought. It's difficult to say, because I bought two that day: Heart's album "Heart" and U2's "Rattle and Hum." This was back when CDs still had the long boxes for packaging. Of the two, U2 is the only band still fully active, and in the long run the band that means more to me. However, Heart still plays a deep and powerful role in my life. My first rock concert? Heart on their "Brigade" tour. The song playing during my first one night stand? "Dream of the Archer" . I could go on, but you get the picture.
So, I'm thrilled to find out that the sisters have just released their new album, Red Velvet Car . Go here for some interesting video.

2 comments:

M said...

So, the very first tape I ever bought was Chicago. I cannot remember which one.

The very first CD I ever bought was the soundtrack to Pretty Woman.

Yes, I am that lame.

Keep up informed on the novel.

We love you and miss you.

M said...

::sigh::

*us