Wednesday, May 19, 2010

New Ellis



Bret Easton Ellis, one of my all-time favorite authors, has a new novel coming out next month, Imperial Bedrooms. It's a continuation of the characters from his first (and still most amazing of all his novels to me) novel, Less Than Zero (at wikipedia).

He's also doing a series of interviews over at Movieline, starting with this one about Less Than Zero and its adaptation. Fair warning, in both this one and the the next one, he says some pretty inflammatory things that are burning up the internet at the moment. I don't agree with his opinion on female directors at all, but I also have to wonder how much of what he actually said was included in the comment...it seems rather offhand. At any rate, I make no apologies for him, though--I believe that to be a good author, a person must have strong opinions on things, and as is often the case, strong opinions on things tend to piss people off.

I cannot tell you how excited I am about him publishing anything, but I am especially excited about this particular novel.

No comments: