Wednesday, January 27, 2010

It's Alive!

Work on the dissertation continues. All chapters have been approved by adviser, and at least seen by committee members. Next week is a major deadline to get the entire second draft to them, so this is my first opportunity to see the thing as a unified set of text.

I'm not in any way trying to show off, but there are some interesting things that I've found out about my diss. in doing this. I'm writing them here for myself, but I thought you guys might be interested as well.

First, some statistics:

Word count of full draft as of right now: 45,296 words
Word count of Stealing Ganymede the day I sold it to Rebel Satori: 62,200 words

Total page count (before Grad. School formatting): 178 (w/out bib.)
Total page count of Stealing Ganymede the day I sold it to Rebel Satori: 270

Now that I have it all together for the first time, I wanted to create a word cloud from it because I think the concept is fascinating. So, in a nutshell, here's my dissertation (dressed as a cloud):

2 comments:

Devon said...

I love Word Clouds!

M said...

Ooh, I have word clouded individual chapters, but I haven't done the whole thing yet. Nice!

Yippe for being SOOOOO close to being done.