Tuesday, July 7, 2009

played?

It's been quite a while since I did a post on my top 10 most played (from the top 25 list) from the pod. As I always say, I don't know why it fascinates me, since I'm the one who is listening to the music, but it does. I'm always surprised.

What surprised me most about this particular sampling is just how much dance music is here. I know authors are supposed to only listen to navel-gazing music all the time, by bands who have a drummer (but no drums in their songs), or have five word names...but that's just not me. There is a particular kind of music I listen to when writing, and it is more represented by this post. What you're seeing in this particular top 10 sampling is the kind of music that comes up on the playlists I use for exercise (since I'm not doing much writing right now).

So, below, here is my top 10. I'm a curious person, though, and I'd love to know what's on your top 10. So take a second after you read mine and tell me yours!

10. "Cobrastyle" Robyn
9. "Black Sweat" Prince
8. "Rhythm is Gonna Get You" Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine
7. "You Dropped a Bomb on Me" The Gap Band
6. "Let it Whip" Dazz Band
5. "Boom Boom Pow" The Black Eyed Peas
4. "Electric Chair" Prince
3. "I Feel for You" Chaka Khan
2. "Konichiwa Bitches" Robyn
1. "All Along the Watchtower" Bear McCreary (from Battlestar Galactica)

No comments: