Thursday, June 18, 2009

43



A number of people have said, either in conversation or in reviews, that they don't feel the idea that Zeus and Ganymede are halves of the same whole is fully fleshed out in the novel. Fair criticism, and far be it from me to say anyone is right or wrong--I understand that the novel is out there, now, and it doesn't belong to me, anymore.

By way of response (not as rebuttal, and in no way driven by anger), I would simply say this: take a moment and re-read chapter 43.

I would really like to know, though, what you thought: is Zeus crazy to think that he and Gan are the same being somehow split into its two component halves? Or do you feel it is actually the case? If you're in the cross section who both read the novel and are reading this post, I would love to know what you thought.

No comments: