Thursday, March 12, 2009

Intelli-meme



This* is what happens when you have Paperbackswap: I get all excited about a book and then it comes in and then I order it, even though I've already got 5 lined up ahead of it. My current self-imposed reading schedule is a lot like the main runway for departures at O'Hare the weekend before Thanksgiving. *sigh* In the picture, waiting for me to read or currently being read are:

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
New World Orders in Contemporary Children's Literature by Clare Bradford, Kerry Mallan, John Stephens, and Robyn McCallum
Midnighters book 1: The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld
The Wave by Todd Strasser
The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall
The Stolen Child by Keith Donohue
Ubik by Philip K. Dick

Here's something I thought would be fun: take a picture of all the books you're currently or about to read all in one pile somewhere (coffee table, counter top, etc.), post it on your blog or here in comments (I'm not sure if comments support inserting pictures here, but we'll see) and then talk about what books they are, why you're reading them, why so many, etc. It'll be like one of those memes that goes around facebook or myspace, except intelligent. An intelli-meme.

2 comments:

M said...

Done:

http://almostbutnotentirely.blogspot.com/2009/03/what-does-your-book-list-look-like.html

J. Campbell said...

cool!