Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dork!

Last night I came home to find that the Cartoon Network (Wiki) was playing the pilot for the doomed animated series Welcome to Eltingville by creator Evan Dorkin (based on his mostly autobiographical comic Dork!).

I was enthralled instantly because of just how close the show hit to how my life as a teenager was. It was unflinching in it's examination of the life of a table top RPG Gamer (and all the cultures that intersected with). So close that I couldn't help but cringe while laughing at many of the parts. However, it was still fantastic. I wish Cartoon Network had picked up the series so that there would be more than one episode ever, but at least we have the one.

Here is that pilot separated into three parts:



"Welcome to Eltingville" pilot part 1

Part 2
Part 3

No comments: