Thursday, July 31, 2008

BSG Panel, Comic-Con 2008

So, as I've said before, this is a semi academic blog. And, as you may know, I'm moderately obsessed with the show Battlestar Galactica.

In keeping with that, and hot on the heels of my post about Comic-Con, I want to show this. Just a few weeks after filming the final episode of the series, a large portion of the cast of the show came to Comic-Con and sat on a panel to take questions. Kevin Smith was the host, further showing the level of change this show has brought about (remember that both Trey Parker and Matt Stone, creators of South Park , have said that they are fans of the show, along with S. Epatha Merkerson , among others).

So, here's a likn to the recording of the entire hour long panel on Battlestar (not work safe). If cussing bothers you, try to look past it to what they (mostly Kevin) are really saying:

The 2008 Comic-Con Battlestar Panel

(it'll take a second to load, so be patient--it is well worth the wait)

I'm not crazy about one spot in the conversation where they start talking about someone acting "like a girl" during a scene they shot using guns (especially not when the subject of the ribbing is nummy Tahmoh Penikett). It's disappointing considering this show has done so much to change gender roles, but overall I'm really happy with what the actors have to say.

[on a personal note, I'm going on vacation for the next week or so, but there'll be new entries when I get back]

No comments: